Here’s a list of our favorite search engine optimization (SEO) resources that we use in our own SEO efforts. If you have a tool that you love to use and would like us to consider listing it here, feel free to contact us.
On-Page Optimization Checklist
This On-Page Optimization Checklist was created to help content producers remember the basic tactics for optimizing new content (and re-optimizing existing content). Download it for free and pin it to your wall.
SEO Tools & Chrome Extensions
These SEO tools play an integral part to many SEO professionals daily activities.
- SEO Tools
- Moz – A highly recommended and very popular set of SEO tools that are industry-leading and incredibly resourceful. Their internal site crawl feature is especially useful for identifying internal duplicate content.
- SEMRush – Another popular all-in-one SEO suite whose main attraction (for me) is their competitor keyword data.
- Ahrefs – This tool is often regarded as one of the best tools for conducting link building research and exporting data for link audits, however, they have expanded their suite of tools and their Keyword Explorer tool is particularly useful.
- Screaming Frog – This is my most-used SEO tool as it’s indispensable for technical SEO audits and identifying crawl issues amongst other things.
- Deep Crawl – Another well-respected crawling tool that is especially useful for large websites.
- Copyscape – Have external duplicate content concerns? This tool is one of the only options for identifying duplicate content with other websites, which is especially useful for eCommerce SEO when you need to determine which product pages have duplicate product descriptions.
- SEO Chrome Extensions
- Tag assistant by Google – This extension is helpful for troubleshooting installation of Google Analytics, Tag Manager, and more. Very helpful for audits.
- Ayima Redirect Path – This extension will help you identify the full redirect path for any URL entered into your Chrome browser.
- User Agent Switcher – This extension allows you to switch the user agent when viewing a page in order to diagnose various problems with user-agent rendering.
- Check My Links – This tool will scan a page and identify any broken links. Very useful for spot-checking your own page(s) or doing broken link building.
SEO & Inbound Marketing Blogs
The following SEO blogs are widely read across the industry, and a great place to start and continue learning about search engine optimization.
- Search Engine Land – An industry-leading online SEO publication for the latest search news, research and anaylsis, commentary and expert advice.
- Search Engine Watch – Another popular SEO news resource providing tips and information about the search industry.
- Ahrefs Blog – Ahrefs made their name with their extensive link database, but their SEO tools have expanded along with their content offerings. Highly recommended.
- Buzzsumo – This is a helpful content marketing tool that allows you to discover the most shared content and discover what works in your industry. Their blog is very insightful for content marketers.
- OK Dork – Noah Kagan is a brilliant content marketer. It’s highly recommended to subscribe to his blog.