These are the top SEO News resources to follow in order to keep your finger on the pulse of the ever-changing SEO industry.
Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land, originally founded by Danny Sullivan, is the leading news site covering everything surrounding the search engine industry, from SEO to SEM, Google, Bing and social media. This is one of the first places that SEO professionals look when there is a potential algorithm update from Google, as they are always quick to cover these stories.
- 08/05/21: MEB or meh? Make Every feature Binary is Bing’s new search tech; Thursday’s daily brief
- 08/05/21: Yelp introduces “Proof of vaccination required” and “Staff fully vaccinated” profile attributes
- 08/04/21: Google drops safe browsing as a page experience ranking signal
- 08/04/21: Meet Make Every feature Binary: Bing’s sparse neural network for improved search relevance
- 08/04/21: A new way to approach your PPC personas: Learning from the sales process to limit waste and accelerate ROI
Search Engine Watch
Search Engine Watch is another major search engine news website that helps online marketers and website owners improve their website’s visibility in search engines. They cover everything (SEO, PPC, Analytics, Social, Local, Mobile, Video, Content, Development, etc.).
- 08/02/21: The future of gaming and streaming: a networking and SEO arsenal
- 07/28/21: Six content ideas to supercharge your marketing in 2021
- 07/22/21: How to show the business value of your SEO proposal
- 07/16/21: The importance of accurate keyword difficulty scores
- 07/01/21: Multilingual SEO for voice searches: Comprehensive guide
Search Engine Roundtable
Search Engine Roundtable, led by Barry Schwartz, reports the most interesting forum threads happening in search engine marketing message boards across the web. Webmasters are often the first people to notice a change in Google’s algorithms, and Search Engine Roundtable brings the SEO chatter to the forefront.
- 08/05/21: Daily Search Forum Recap: August 5, 2021
- 08/05/21: Safe Browsing No Longer A Google Ranking Signal
- 08/05/21: User Queries Help Google Determine What To Show In Knowledge Panels
- 08/05/21: Google Search Tests Discussions Carousel
- 08/05/21: Google Ads Search Terms Report Stops Hiding All Searches
Search Engine Journal
Founded by Loren Baker, Search Engine Journal has been offering a community-focused approach to the search marketing industry through leveraging industry experts to spotlight industry trends, news and thought leaders who are shaping the future of search marketing.
- 08/05/21: 7 Ways to Improve Local SEO & Attract New Business via @sejournal, @HelenPollitt1
- 08/05/21: 8 Awesome WordPress Plugins That’ll Make Your Site Mobile-Friendly via @sejournal, @jonleeclark
- 08/05/21: Hub and Spoke Content Marketing: What Is It & How Does It Work? via @sejournal, @zackkadish
- 08/05/21: Google FAQ Provides Core Web Vitals Insights via @sejournal, @martinibuster
- 08/05/21: WordPress Releases Gutenberg 11.2 – Why this is a Winner via @sejournal, @martinibuster
Google Webmaster Central
The Google Webmaster Central Blog is often the source of much SEO news regarding Google. The company makes announcements about new features in Webmaster Tools, mobile search advancements and other Google-specific news in this blog. It’s a must-follow for any SEO professional.
- 08/04/21: Simplifying the Page Experience report
- 07/26/21: A reminder on qualifying links and our link spam update
- 07/21/21: Engage shoppers with deal pages in Google Search
- 07/20/21: Analyzing Google Search traffic drops
- 07/19/21: A new way to enable video key moments in Search
Bing Webmaster Blog
The Bing Webmaster Blog offers great insight into how to run a successful website, often from a user’s perspective. We think that is what makes this blog great. The Bing Webmaster Blog provides an alternate voice in the arena of search engine webmaster blogs.
- 07/27/21: Bing Webmaster-Clarity Series #4: Purchase funnel – streamline with Clarity
- 07/23/21: Bing Webmaster-Clarity Series #3: Scroll map – what can it do for you?
- 07/20/21: Bing Webmaster-Clarity Series #2: Rage clicks – what do they tell you about user behavior?
- 07/13/21: Bing Webmaster-Clarity Series #1: What is a heatmap and what does it tell you?
- 05/07/21: Easy set-up guide for Bing’s Content Submission API (Beta)
Originally founded by Rand Fishkin and his community of Mozzers including Britney Muller and Dr. Pete, the Moz Blog is full of cutting-edge inbound marketing and SEO strategies. Learn what works and what’s hot in content marketing, link earning, authorship, client management and overall…the right way to build community online and earn search engine traffic.
- 08/04/21: How to Carry Out Content Audits — Yes, Plural
- 08/03/21: Web Accessibility Myths: Debunking 7 Common Misconceptions
- 08/02/21: How to Find & Support Entry-Level SEO Talent
- 07/28/21: Daily SEO Fix: Auditing for Technical SEO Problems with Moz Pro
- 07/27/21: 3 Powerful On-Page Optimizations to Power Up Your Content
Distlled got its start when Duncan Morris and Will Critchlow joined forces back in 2005 to start a web development company. The Distilled blog offers tactical SEO content that can help you refine your skills.
- 03/22/21: How to produce high quality written content
- 03/11/21: How to spot unproductive behaviors your employees may be unaware of
- 03/08/21: Preventing employee burnout as COVID-19 persists into 2021
- 03/04/21: Four tips for future-proofing your Conversion Rate Optimization strategy
- 03/04/21: Ecommerce during the COVID-19 pandemic: How to turn challenges into online growth opportunities