These are the top SEO News resources to follow in order to keep your finger on the pulse of the ever-changing SEO industry.
Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land, originally founded by Danny Sullivan, is the leading news site covering everything surrounding the search engine industry, from SEO to SEM, Google, Bing and social media. This is one of the first places that SEO professionals look when there is a potential algorithm update from Google, as they are always quick to cover these stories.
- 11/24/21: How marketers can adapt to Google’s local SEO changes
- 11/24/21: Google AdSense’s Matched content widget will only show ads starting on March 1, 2022
- 11/23/21: Google had a crawling issues that impacted some sites
- 11/23/21: 6 tactics to rank better in Google Discover
- 11/23/21: Microsoft Bing launched Page insights
Search Engine Watch
Search Engine Watch is another major search engine news website that helps online marketers and website owners improve their website’s visibility in search engines. They cover everything (SEO, PPC, Analytics, Social, Local, Mobile, Video, Content, Development, etc.).
- 11/25/21: Google AdSense Guide: increase earnings and escape low CPC
- 11/18/21: Four Google SERP features for ecommerce SEO
- 11/04/21: Six things missing from your competitor research
- 10/22/21: How to use PageRank for ecommerce websites
- 10/13/21: How to get buy-in from the C-suite
Search Engine Roundtable
Search Engine Roundtable, led by Barry Schwartz, reports the most interesting forum threads happening in search engine marketing message boards across the web. Webmasters are often the first people to notice a change in Google’s algorithms, and Search Engine Roundtable brings the SEO chatter to the forefront.
- 11/25/21: Google November 2021 Core Update Tremors On Thanksgiving
- 11/25/21: Google: A Mix Of Positive & Negative Reviews More Trustworthy
- 11/25/21: Google Issued Credits For Shopping Ads CPC Bug
- 11/25/21: Google Search Console Crawl Stats Data Bug Missing Two Days Of Data
- 11/25/21: History of Thanksgiving Google Doodle & Logo
Search Engine Journal
Founded by Loren Baker, Search Engine Journal has been offering a community-focused approach to the search marketing industry through leveraging industry experts to spotlight industry trends, news and thought leaders who are shaping the future of search marketing.
- 11/25/21: WordPress 5.9 Rushed “In A Dangerous Way” Is Now Delayed via @sejournal, @martinibuster
- 11/24/21: Google Explains How To Hide A Website From Search Results via @sejournal, @MattGSouthern
- 11/24/21: Google Ads App Updated With 3 New Features via @sejournal, @MattGSouthern
- 11/24/21: A Data Science Approach To Optimizing Internal Link Structure via @sejournal, @artios_io
- 11/24/21: Facebook Lead Generation Forms: New Tools & Best Practices via @sejournal, @closedloop
Google Webmaster Central
The Google Webmaster Central Blog is often the source of much SEO news regarding Google. The company makes announcements about new features in Webmaster Tools, mobile search advancements and other Google-specific news in this blog. It’s a must-follow for any SEO professional.
- 11/17/21: One year of Google Search Central
- 11/04/21: Timeline for bringing page experience ranking to desktop
- 11/01/21: Help job seekers understand your job postings by including a complete description
- 10/25/21: Search Analytics API now supports Discover, Google News, and Regex
- 10/11/21: Aligning Search Console testing tools and the URL Inspection tool
Bing Webmaster Blog
The Bing Webmaster Blog offers great insight into how to run a successful website, often from a user’s perspective. We think that is what makes this blog great. The Bing Webmaster Blog provides an alternate voice in the arena of search engine webmaster blogs.
- 10/18/21: IndexNow - Instantly Index your web content in Search Engines
- 09/10/21: Access to Instant Indexing: Bing URL submission API
- 09/03/21: Bing Content submission API is now open to all webmasters
- 07/27/21: Bing Webmaster-Clarity Series #4: Purchase funnel – streamline with Clarity
- 07/23/21: Bing Webmaster-Clarity Series #3: Scroll map – what can it do for you?
Originally founded by Rand Fishkin and his community of Mozzers including Britney Muller and Dr. Pete, the Moz Blog is full of cutting-edge inbound marketing and SEO strategies. Learn what works and what’s hot in content marketing, link earning, authorship, client management and overall…the right way to build community online and earn search engine traffic.
- 11/23/21: How to Measure the Quality of Your SEO Traffic Using Google Analytics
- 11/17/21: Lean into Email in 2022: An Interview with iContact’s Hank Hoffmeier
- 11/16/21: Why Getting Indexed by Google is so Difficult
- 11/15/21: GMB to GBP: 3 Invitations for Google to Alter Their Indifference towards SMBs
- 11/12/21: How to Make Newsworthy Content: Part 2
Distlled got its start when Duncan Morris and Will Critchlow joined forces back in 2005 to start a web development company. The Distilled blog offers tactical SEO content that can help you refine your skills.
- 03/22/21: How to produce high quality written content
- 03/11/21: How to spot unproductive behaviors your employees may be unaware of
- 03/08/21: Preventing employee burnout as COVID-19 persists into 2021
- 03/04/21: Four tips for future-proofing your Conversion Rate Optimization strategy
- 03/04/21: Ecommerce during the COVID-19 pandemic: How to turn challenges into online growth opportunities