These are the top SEO News resources to follow in order to keep your finger on the pulse of the ever-changing SEO industry.
Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land, originally founded by Danny Sullivan, is the leading news site covering everything surrounding the search engine industry, from SEO to SEM, Google, Bing and social media. This is one of the first places that SEO professionals look when there is a potential algorithm update from Google, as they are always quick to cover these stories.
- 12/01/20: Google adds more discovery to Google Maps with ‘community feed’
- 12/01/20: Google Discovery ads can now use your 4:5 social image assets
- 12/01/20: Adthena launches granular local search insights solution
- 11/30/20: Online shopping hits new records over the holiday weekend
- 11/30/20: Video: Elie Orgel on leveraging data for unique content
Search Engine Watch
Search Engine Watch is another major search engine news website that helps online marketers and website owners improve their website’s visibility in search engines. They cover everything (SEO, PPC, Analytics, Social, Local, Mobile, Video, Content, Development, etc.).
- 12/01/20: The Google page experience: What you need to know and five steps to prepare for 2021
- 11/30/20: Seven most popular types of blog posts guaranteed to boost traffic
- 11/26/20: The anatomy of a negative SEO attack
- 11/26/20: Simple guide to creating an expert roundup post that drives website traffic
- 11/25/20: Five great ways responsive web design benefits your SEO
Search Engine Roundtable
Search Engine Roundtable, led by Barry Schwartz, reports the most interesting forum threads happening in search engine marketing message boards across the web. Webmasters are often the first people to notice a change in Google’s algorithms, and Search Engine Roundtable brings the SEO chatter to the forefront.
- 12/01/20: Daily Search Forum Recap: December 1, 2020
- 12/01/20: Google Global Holiday Doodles Throughout All Of December 2020
- 12/01/20: Google: We Don't Differentiate Search For Travel In X vs Live In X
- 12/01/20: Google: We Do Not Support Nested XML Sitemap Index Files
- 12/01/20: Google Local Panel Adjusts How To Suggest An Edit To Store Hours
Search Engine Journal
Founded by Loren Baker, Search Engine Journal has been offering a community-focused approach to the search marketing industry through leveraging industry experts to spotlight industry trends, news and thought leaders who are shaping the future of search marketing.
- 12/01/20: Could You Offer People a Reward or Discounts to Gain Backlinks? via @tonynwright
- 12/01/20: How to Find Anyone’s Email Address in 60 Seconds or Less via @jonleeclark
- 12/01/20: Get Better Reporting from SEMrush Data Studio Connector [Webinar] via @lorenbaker
- 12/01/20: The Agency Guide to Surviving Next Year’s Black Friday Week via @PPCKirk
- 12/01/20: Google Web Story Strategies & SEO Best Practices [PODCAST]
Google Webmaster Central
The Google Webmaster Central Blog is often the source of much SEO news regarding Google. The company makes announcements about new features in Webmaster Tools, mobile search advancements and other Google-specific news in this blog. It’s a must-follow for any SEO professional.
- 11/24/20: New and improved crawl stats for your site
- 11/18/20: We moved! Introducing the new home for the Google Webmasters blogs
- 11/11/20: Goodbye Google Webmasters, hello Google Search Central
- 11/10/20: Timing for bringing page experience to Google Search
- 11/05/20: [email protected] 2020: Google’s first virtual summit for Product Experts
Bing Webmaster Blog
The Bing Webmaster Blog offers great insight into how to run a successful website, often from a user’s perspective. We think that is what makes this blog great. The Bing Webmaster Blog provides an alternate voice in the arena of search engine webmaster blogs.
- 10/29/20: Microsoft Clarity is now Generally Available
- 10/15/20: Site explorer: SEO-explore your site
- 09/10/20: Introducing the Bing Webmaster Tools URL Inspection Tool
- 09/04/20: Bing Webmaster Tools makes it easy to edit and verify your robots.txt
- 07/30/20: Announcing the new Bing Webmaster Tools (migration complete)
Originally founded by Rand Fishkin and his community of Mozzers including Britney Muller and Dr. Pete, the Moz Blog is full of cutting-edge inbound marketing and SEO strategies. Learn what works and what’s hot in content marketing, link earning, authorship, client management and overall…the right way to build community online and earn search engine traffic.
- 12/01/20: When (and When Not) to Outsource Link Building
- 11/27/20: Image Link Building — Best of Whiteboard Friday
- 11/23/20: Daily SEO Fix: Collecting, Organizing, and Tracking Keywords with Moz Pro
- 11/20/20: How to Get Backlinks in 2021 [Series Part 2: Prospecting] — Whiteboard Friday
- 11/18/20: Business as Unusual: How to Communicate Your New and Updated Services with Google My Business
Distlled got its start when Duncan Morris and Will Critchlow joined forces back in 2005 to start a web development company. The Distilled blog offers tactical SEO content that can help you refine your skills.
- 06/02/20: 5 Important Copywriting Tools Every SEO Pro Needs
- 05/19/20: Is Video Marketing Good for SEO?
- 05/04/20: Distilled and Brainlabs Have Combined Forces: What’s Next For Us?
- 04/16/20: E-commerce: What to do when you can’t make deliveries
- 03/31/20: Why Every SEO Should Be Using Google Sheets Query Function