These are the top SEO News resources to follow in order to keep your finger on the pulse of the ever-changing SEO industry.
Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land, originally founded by Danny Sullivan, is the leading news site covering everything surrounding the search engine industry, from SEO to SEM, Google, Bing and social media. This is one of the first places that SEO professionals look when there is a potential algorithm update from Google, as they are always quick to cover these stories.
- 08/10/20: Google announces ‘Virtual Webmaster Unconference’
- 08/10/20: Next on Live with Search Engine Land: Season wrap-up—COVID and disruption
- 08/10/20: Video: Andrew Goodman on paid search against big brands & proper PPC experiments
- 08/06/20: Google adds ‘last updated’ hours notification to GMB profiles
- 08/06/20: Google updates Search Console API infrastructure
Search Engine Watch
Search Engine Watch is another major search engine news website that helps online marketers and website owners improve their website’s visibility in search engines. They cover everything (SEO, PPC, Analytics, Social, Local, Mobile, Video, Content, Development, etc.).
- 08/10/20: Seven important metrics to measure content marketing ROI
- 08/07/20: Want media coverage? Make sure your content is emotional
- 08/07/20: Six tools for effective influencer-driven content marketing
- 08/06/20: Guide: How to structure a local SEO strategy for your business
- 08/03/20: Five quick and easy ways to make surveys more effective for content marketing
Search Engine Roundtable
Search Engine Roundtable, led by Barry Schwartz, reports the most interesting forum threads happening in search engine marketing message boards across the web. Webmasters are often the first people to notice a change in Google’s algorithms, and Search Engine Roundtable brings the SEO chatter to the forefront.
- 08/10/20: Vlog #79: Andrew Goodman On Stopping The Bleed Of Paid Search Ad Spend & Proper PPC Experiments
- 08/10/20: Google Says Lighthouse Header Order Suggestion Isn't For SEO
- 08/10/20: Google: Image License Or Copyrights Does Not Help With Rankings
- 08/10/20: Google Has Not Cut Crawling & Indexing To Save Money During The Pandemic
- 08/10/20: Google: Guest Blog Post Links Have Zero Value
Search Engine Journal
Founded by Loren Baker, Search Engine Journal has been offering a community-focused approach to the search marketing industry through leveraging industry experts to spotlight industry trends, news and thought leaders who are shaping the future of search marketing.
- 08/10/20: Google Holding First-Ever Virtual Conference on August 26th via @MattGSouthern
- 08/10/20: How to Get More Quality Leads for Your SaaS Brand [Webinar] via @brentcsutoras
- 08/10/20: 5 Amazing Google Ads Tools You Need to Use via @SusanEDub
- 08/10/20: The 11 Most Important Hard & Soft Skills Marketers Need to Have via @JuliaEMcCoy
- 08/10/20: Why Google Shows Black Doctors in a Search for White Ones via @martinibuster
Google Webmaster Central
The Google Webmaster Central Blog is often the source of much SEO news regarding Google. The company makes announcements about new features in Webmaster Tools, mobile search advancements and other Google-specific news in this blog. It’s a must-follow for any SEO professional.
- 08/06/20: Search Console API announcements
- 08/03/20: Search Off The Record podcast - behind the scenes with Search Relations
- 07/22/20: Prepare for mobile-first indexing (with a little extra time)
- 07/07/20: The Rich Results Test is out of beta
- 07/03/20: How spam reports are used at Google
Bing Webmaster Blog
The Bing Webmaster Blog offers great insight into how to run a successful website, often from a user’s perspective. We think that is what makes this blog great. The Bing Webmaster Blog provides an alternate voice in the arena of search engine webmaster blogs.
- 07/30/20: Announcing the new Bing Webmaster Tools (migration complete)
- 07/21/20: Get your WordPress content indexed immediately using Bing Webmaster Tools plugin
- 07/07/20: How to Optimize Your Content for Search Questions using Deep Learning
- 05/19/20: Releasing Additional Features in New Bing Webmaster Tools Portal and OAuth Support for Bing Webmaster APIs
- 05/11/20: Helping news publishers control how their content is displayed in Bing
Originally founded by Rand Fishkin and his community of Mozzers including Britney Muller and Dr. Pete, the Moz Blog is full of cutting-edge inbound marketing and SEO strategies. Learn what works and what’s hot in content marketing, link earning, authorship, client management and overall…the right way to build community online and earn search engine traffic.
- 08/07/20: Using the Flowchart Method for Diagnosing Ranking Drops — Best of Whiteboard Friday
- 08/05/20: How to Make a Scalable SMS Chatbot Using Twilio, Python, and Google Sheets (with Free Code)
- 08/04/20: Daily SEO Fix: Investigate Changes in Your Rankings with Moz Pro
- 07/31/20: What Do Dolphins Eat? Lessons from How Kids Search — Best of Whiteboard Friday
- 07/29/20: 6 Connectors to Spice Up Your Reporting: Introducing Google Data Studio Connectors for STAT
Distlled got its start when Duncan Morris and Will Critchlow joined forces back in 2005 to start a web development company. The Distilled blog offers tactical SEO content that can help you refine your skills.