These are the top SEO News resources to follow in order to keep your finger on the pulse of the ever-changing SEO industry.
Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land, originally founded by Danny Sullivan, is the leading news site covering everything surrounding the search engine industry, from SEO to SEM, Google, Bing and social media. This is one of the first places that SEO professionals look when there is a potential algorithm update from Google, as they are always quick to cover these stories.
- 07/01/20: Ad fraud prevention firm CHEQ enters PPC market
- 07/01/20: The pillars of successful link building
- 06/30/20: Usage of voice has plateaued — for now
- 06/30/20: What to look at when considering a Digital Asset Management platform
- 06/30/20: Google is streamlining ‘Ad’ labeling for Shopping ads
Search Engine Watch
Search Engine Watch is another major search engine news website that helps online marketers and website owners improve their website’s visibility in search engines. They cover everything (SEO, PPC, Analytics, Social, Local, Mobile, Video, Content, Development, etc.).
- 07/01/20: How to build your brand authority through content marketing
- 06/30/20: Google advanced search: Six powerful tips for better SEO
- 06/30/20: Four strategies to maintain your social media activity during a crisis
- 06/25/20: Guide: How to use podcasting in your content marketing campaign
- 06/24/20: Nine tips to increase the average order value (AOV) of your ecommerce store
Search Engine Roundtable
Search Engine Roundtable, led by Barry Schwartz, reports the most interesting forum threads happening in search engine marketing message boards across the web. Webmasters are often the first people to notice a change in Google’s algorithms, and Search Engine Roundtable brings the SEO chatter to the forefront.
- 07/01/20: Google Replaced The Sponsored Label With The Ads Label
- 07/01/20: Bing On How It Ranks Web Pages & Content
- 07/01/20: Bing Webmaster Guidelines Are Updated; A Must Read
- 07/01/20: Google Promoted Governmental Web Sites In Its Latest Algorithm Update? The Federal Update.
- 07/01/20: Video: Google & Bing Talking About The SEO Community
Search Engine Journal
Founded by Loren Baker, Search Engine Journal has been offering a community-focused approach to the search marketing industry through leveraging industry experts to spotlight industry trends, news and thought leaders who are shaping the future of search marketing.
- 07/01/20: Should I Bid on Branded Terms in SEM? via @bigalittlea
- 07/01/20: How to Weed Out Less Qualified Audiences from Your PPC Campaigns via @jonkagan
- 07/01/20: How to Connect with Clients in the Time of COVID-19: 3 Tips via @upbuildteam
- 07/01/20: Want to Earn More Online? Let’s Talk About Conversions via @martinibuster
- 07/01/20: Google Analytics Filters Bot Traffic From App + Web Properties via @MattGSouthern
Google Webmaster Central
The Google Webmaster Central Blog is often the source of much SEO news regarding Google. The company makes announcements about new features in Webmaster Tools, mobile search advancements and other Google-specific news in this blog. It’s a must-follow for any SEO professional.
- 06/09/20: How we fought Search spam on Google - Webspam Report 2019
- 05/28/20: Evaluating page experience for a better web
- 05/19/20: Google Translate’s Website Translator - available for non-commercial use
- 05/19/20: New reports for Guided Recipes on Assistant in Search Console
Bing Webmaster Blog
The Bing Webmaster Blog offers great insight into how to run a successful website, often from a user’s perspective. We think that is what makes this blog great. The Bing Webmaster Blog provides an alternate voice in the arena of search engine webmaster blogs.
- 05/19/20: Releasing Additional Features in New Bing Webmaster Tools Portal and OAuth Support for Bing Webmaster APIs
- 05/11/20: Helping news publishers control how their content is displayed in Bing
- 04/08/20: Announcing new options for webmasters to control their snippets at Bing
- 03/23/20: Bing adopts schema.org markup for special announcements for COVID-19
- 02/19/20: Announcing the new Bing Webmaster Tools
Originally founded by Rand Fishkin and his community of Mozzers including Britney Muller and Dr. Pete, the Moz Blog is full of cutting-edge inbound marketing and SEO strategies. Learn what works and what’s hot in content marketing, link earning, authorship, client management and overall…the right way to build community online and earn search engine traffic.
- 06/30/20: Thinking Beyond the Link Building “Campaign” [Case Study]
- 06/29/20: How to Choose the Most Link-Worthy Data Source for Your Content
- 06/26/20: How to Get Backlinks in 2020 [Series] - Whiteboard Friday
- 06/24/20: Download the SEO's Local Search Cheat Sheet!
- 06/23/20: The MozCon Virtual 2020 Final Agenda
Distlled got its start when Duncan Morris and Will Critchlow joined forces back in 2005 to start a web development company. The Distilled blog offers tactical SEO content that can help you refine your skills.