These are the top SEO News resources to follow in order to keep your finger on the pulse of the ever-changing SEO industry.
Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land, originally founded by Danny Sullivan, is the leading news site covering everything surrounding the search engine industry, from SEO to SEM, Google, Bing and social media. This is one of the first places that SEO professionals look when there is a potential algorithm update from Google, as they are always quick to cover these stories.
- 04/14/21: Tips from the pros at SMX Create; Wednesday’s daily brief
- 04/14/21: Google Ads rolling out auto-applied recommendations
- 04/13/21: The 2021 Search Engine Land Awards are open for entries
- 04/13/21: Google tips the scales in its own favor–but do marketers care?; Tuesday’s daily brief
- 04/12/21: The business imperative behind inclusion and diversity
Search Engine Watch
Search Engine Watch is another major search engine news website that helps online marketers and website owners improve their website’s visibility in search engines. They cover everything (SEO, PPC, Analytics, Social, Local, Mobile, Video, Content, Development, etc.).
- 04/12/21: UX: an important SEO ranking factor
- 04/08/21: Clubhouse: popular kids’ hangout or a true asset for brands’ community building?
- 04/06/21: Going beyond keywords: how conversational insights take the guesswork out of marketing
- 04/02/21: Mobile-first and Core Web Vitals: connecting the dots for page experience success
- 03/26/21: Cross-channel marketing: why you shouldn’t put all your eggs in the Google basket
Search Engine Roundtable
Search Engine Roundtable, led by Barry Schwartz, reports the most interesting forum threads happening in search engine marketing message boards across the web. Webmasters are often the first people to notice a change in Google’s algorithms, and Search Engine Roundtable brings the SEO chatter to the forefront.
- 04/14/21: Daily Search Forum Recap: April 14, 2021
- 04/14/21: Google My Business: Edit Your Profile, Hours, Photos & More From Web Search
- 04/14/21: Google Products Reviews Update Refreshes Won't Likely All Be Announced/Confirmed
- 04/14/21: Google Soft 404 Detection Bug May Be Causing Ranking Issues In Google Search
- 04/14/21: Google Podcast On Search Serving, Debugging SEO, Hreflang Complexities & More
Search Engine Journal
Founded by Loren Baker, Search Engine Journal has been offering a community-focused approach to the search marketing industry through leveraging industry experts to spotlight industry trends, news and thought leaders who are shaping the future of search marketing.
- 04/14/21: LinkedIn Adds New Profile Features to Address Career Gaps via @sejournal, @MattGSouthern
- 04/14/21: The Great Big List of 50+ Google Easter Eggs & How to Access Them via @sejournal, @mirandalmwrites
- 04/14/21: How Cognitive Intelligence will Reshape Chatbots with Dr. Michelle Zhou via @sejournal, @brentcsutoras
- 04/14/21: 4 Tips for Building Your First-Party Data Sets With PPC via @sejournal, @michellemsem
- 04/14/21: Can YouTube Shorts Be Monetized? Spoiler Alert: Some Already Are! via @sejournal, @gregjarboe
Google Webmaster Central
The Google Webmaster Central Blog is often the source of much SEO news regarding Google. The company makes announcements about new features in Webmaster Tools, mobile search advancements and other Google-specific news in this blog. It’s a must-follow for any SEO professional.
- 04/14/21: Upcoming changes to FeedBurner
- 04/12/21: Announcing the Sustainable Monetized Websites video series
- 04/09/21: Expanding support for APAC Search Central Help Communities
- 04/08/21: What creators should know about Google’s product reviews update
- 04/07/21: Improved data filtering and comparison on Performance reports
Bing Webmaster Blog
The Bing Webmaster Blog offers great insight into how to run a successful website, often from a user’s perspective. We think that is what makes this blog great. The Bing Webmaster Blog provides an alternate voice in the arena of search engine webmaster blogs.
- 12/17/20: Website Migration with Bing
- 12/14/20: Microsoft Clarity & Bing Webmaster Tools
- 10/29/20: Microsoft Clarity is now Generally Available
- 10/15/20: Site explorer: SEO-explore your site
- 09/10/20: Introducing the Bing Webmaster Tools URL Inspection Tool
Originally founded by Rand Fishkin and his community of Mozzers including Britney Muller and Dr. Pete, the Moz Blog is full of cutting-edge inbound marketing and SEO strategies. Learn what works and what’s hot in content marketing, link earning, authorship, client management and overall…the right way to build community online and earn search engine traffic.
- 04/13/21: 7 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Content Marketing Agency
- 04/12/21: The Sky Garden Method: Discover Evergreen Link Building Opportunities Using Search Data
- 04/09/21: Debunking Link Building Myths in 2021
- 04/08/21: Earn Press Coverage for Your Brand in 5 Steps [Case Study]
- 04/07/21: 3 Vital Click-Based Signals for SEO: First, Long, & Last
Distlled got its start when Duncan Morris and Will Critchlow joined forces back in 2005 to start a web development company. The Distilled blog offers tactical SEO content that can help you refine your skills.
- 03/22/21: How to produce high quality written content
- 03/11/21: How to spot unproductive behaviors your employees may be unaware of
- 03/08/21: Preventing employee burnout as COVID-19 persists into 2021
- 03/04/21: Four tips for future-proofing your Conversion Rate Optimization strategy
- 03/04/21: Ecommerce during the COVID-19 pandemic: How to turn challenges into online growth opportunities