These are the top SEO News resources to follow in order to keep your finger on the pulse of the ever-changing SEO industry.
Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land, originally founded by Danny Sullivan, is the leading news site covering everything surrounding the search engine industry, from SEO to SEM, Google, Bing and social media. This is one of the first places that SEO professionals look when there is a potential algorithm update from Google, as they are always quick to cover these stories.
- 01/13/21: Why we’re creating a new content experience for SMX
- 01/13/21: Google pauses all political ads through inauguration
- 01/12/21: Yelp launches “health and safety measures” community feedback feature
- 01/12/21: Unlock actionable search tactics at SMX Report
- 01/12/21: Google News performance report added to Google Search Console
Search Engine Watch
Search Engine Watch is another major search engine news website that helps online marketers and website owners improve their website’s visibility in search engines. They cover everything (SEO, PPC, Analytics, Social, Local, Mobile, Video, Content, Development, etc.).
- 01/13/21: Core Web Vitals report: 28 Ways to supercharge your site
- 01/13/21: Search in 2021: Five must knows for advertisers and marketers
- 01/12/21: Making the argument for nofollow links in SEO
- 01/12/21: Five reasons why clients are leaving your agency
- 01/11/21: How to use XPath expressions to enhance your SEO and content strategy
Search Engine Roundtable
Search Engine Roundtable, led by Barry Schwartz, reports the most interesting forum threads happening in search engine marketing message boards across the web. Webmasters are often the first people to notice a change in Google’s algorithms, and Search Engine Roundtable brings the SEO chatter to the forefront.
- 01/13/21: Daily Search Forum Recap: January 13, 2021
- 01/13/21: Google Might Not Launch The Page Experience & Core Web Vitals Label/Icon In Search
- 01/13/21: Small Google Algorithm Update Around January 12, 2021?
- 01/13/21: No, Google SMITH Algorithm Is Not Live
- 01/13/21: Google: Too Focused On One SEO Tactic Can Hurt Overall SEO Results
Search Engine Journal
Founded by Loren Baker, Search Engine Journal has been offering a community-focused approach to the search marketing industry through leveraging industry experts to spotlight industry trends, news and thought leaders who are shaping the future of search marketing.
- 01/13/21: YouTube Analytics Adds ‘First 24 Hours’ Metric via @MattGSouthern
- 01/13/21: How to Build SEO Into a Product via @Kevin_Indig
- 01/13/21: How to Build the Perfect Facebook Ad Audience via @GaryLHenderson
- 01/13/21: Do Incognito Searches Affect SEO or Rankings via @RyanJones
- 01/13/21: WordPress Now Offers Website Development via @martinibuster
Google Webmaster Central
The Google Webmaster Central Blog is often the source of much SEO news regarding Google. The company makes announcements about new features in Webmaster Tools, mobile search advancements and other Google-specific news in this blog. It’s a must-follow for any SEO professional.
- 01/12/21: Introducing Google News performance report
- 01/11/21: Index Coverage Data Improvements
- 12/16/20: A weird year in review
- 12/15/20: An update on the Structured Data Testing Tool
- 12/09/20: Updates to Search Console’s API
Bing Webmaster Blog
The Bing Webmaster Blog offers great insight into how to run a successful website, often from a user’s perspective. We think that is what makes this blog great. The Bing Webmaster Blog provides an alternate voice in the arena of search engine webmaster blogs.
- 12/17/20: Website Migration with Bing
- 12/14/20: Microsoft Clarity & Bing Webmaster Tools
- 10/29/20: Microsoft Clarity is now Generally Available
- 10/15/20: Site explorer: SEO-explore your site
- 09/10/20: Introducing the Bing Webmaster Tools URL Inspection Tool
Originally founded by Rand Fishkin and his community of Mozzers including Britney Muller and Dr. Pete, the Moz Blog is full of cutting-edge inbound marketing and SEO strategies. Learn what works and what’s hot in content marketing, link earning, authorship, client management and overall…the right way to build community online and earn search engine traffic.
- 01/13/21: The Evolution of SEO [Video Presentation]
- 01/11/21: 2021 Local SEO Success: Expert Tips & Predictions
- 01/08/21: 21 Smart Google SEO Tips for 2021
- 12/29/20: The Link Building Webslog
- 12/28/20: They're Simply the Best: The Top 25 Moz Blog Posts of 2020
Distlled got its start when Duncan Morris and Will Critchlow joined forces back in 2005 to start a web development company. The Distilled blog offers tactical SEO content that can help you refine your skills.
- 06/02/20: 5 Important Copywriting Tools Every SEO Pro Needs
- 05/19/20: Is Video Marketing Good for SEO?
- 05/04/20: Distilled and Brainlabs Have Combined Forces: What’s Next For Us?
- 04/16/20: E-commerce: What to do when you can’t make deliveries
- 03/31/20: Why Every SEO Should Be Using Google Sheets Query Function