These are the top SEO News resources to follow in order to keep your finger on the pulse of the ever-changing SEO industry.
Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land, originally founded by Danny Sullivan, is the leading news site covering everything surrounding the search engine industry, from SEO to SEM, Google, Bing and social media. This is one of the first places that SEO professionals look when there is a potential algorithm update from Google, as they are always quick to cover these stories.
- 10/14/20: Meet Google Analytics 4: Google’s vision for the future of analytics
- 10/13/20: Google Podcasts Manager shows you search impressions and clicks from Google Search
- 10/13/20: Act fast for best rates on Search Marketing Expo
- 10/13/20: What’s behind the badge that powers Google’s local trust layer?
- 10/12/20: Google Ads brings YouTube into Attribution fold, expands data-driven attribution to more advertisers
Search Engine Watch
Search Engine Watch is another major search engine news website that helps online marketers and website owners improve their website’s visibility in search engines. They cover everything (SEO, PPC, Analytics, Social, Local, Mobile, Video, Content, Development, etc.).
- 10/14/20: ‘People also ask’ (PAA) feature: Uncovering Google’s hidden gem
- 10/13/20: Agency lead generation: How to create white papers that convert
- 10/13/20: The agile marketer: Building agility with technology and talent
- 10/09/20: Crowd marketing is the forum link building strategy you need to know in 2020
- 10/09/20: BrightEdge launches market insights and shares updates on new purchasing behaviors
Search Engine Roundtable
Search Engine Roundtable, led by Barry Schwartz, reports the most interesting forum threads happening in search engine marketing message boards across the web. Webmasters are often the first people to notice a change in Google’s algorithms, and Search Engine Roundtable brings the SEO chatter to the forefront.
- 10/14/20: Google Key Moment In This Video With Transcriptions In Google Search
- 10/14/20: Is There A Google Search Ranking Update Or More Indexing Issues & Fixes?
- 10/14/20: Google Search Asking Searchers To Leave Online Purchase Reviews
- 10/14/20: Google Tests Related Searches At The Top
- 10/14/20: Google Podcasts Manager Unlocks Podcast Search Performance
Search Engine Journal
Founded by Loren Baker, Search Engine Journal has been offering a community-focused approach to the search marketing industry through leveraging industry experts to spotlight industry trends, news and thought leaders who are shaping the future of search marketing.
- 10/14/20: How to Evaluate the SEO Value of a Piece of Content via @MaddyOsman
- 10/14/20: The Top 4 Enterprise SEO Platform Tools: An In-Depth Review via @SEOGoddess
- 10/14/20: 4 Ways to Brainstorm Content Ideas From Old Posts via @thatbberg
- 10/14/20: New Research Suggests Historic 2020 Holiday Shopping Trends via @martinibuster
- 10/14/20: Google Podcasts Manager – Why Podcasters Need This via @martinibuster
Google Webmaster Central
The Google Webmaster Central Blog is often the source of much SEO news regarding Google. The company makes announcements about new features in Webmaster Tools, mobile search advancements and other Google-specific news in this blog. It’s a must-follow for any SEO professional.
- 10/02/20: The Search Console Training lives on
- 09/22/20: New Schema.org support for retailer shipping data
- 09/21/20: New open source robots.txt projects
- 09/17/20: Googlebot will soon speak HTTP/2
- 09/15/20: Sharing what we learned on the first Virtual Webmaster Unconference
Bing Webmaster Blog
The Bing Webmaster Blog offers great insight into how to run a successful website, often from a user’s perspective. We think that is what makes this blog great. The Bing Webmaster Blog provides an alternate voice in the arena of search engine webmaster blogs.
- 09/10/20: Introducing the Bing Webmaster Tools URL Inspection Tool
- 09/04/20: Bing Webmaster Tools makes it easy to edit and verify your robots.txt
- 07/30/20: Announcing the new Bing Webmaster Tools (migration complete)
- 07/21/20: Get your WordPress content indexed immediately using Bing Webmaster Tools plugin
- 07/07/20: How to Optimize Your Content for Search Questions using Deep Learning
Originally founded by Rand Fishkin and his community of Mozzers including Britney Muller and Dr. Pete, the Moz Blog is full of cutting-edge inbound marketing and SEO strategies. Learn what works and what’s hot in content marketing, link earning, authorship, client management and overall…the right way to build community online and earn search engine traffic.
- 10/13/20: Competitive Advantage in a Commoditized Industry
- 10/12/20: How to Create a Useful and Well-Optimized FAQ Page
- 10/09/20: SEO Is Not an On/Off Switch — Whiteboard Friday
- 10/07/20: Diversity and Inclusion in SEO: BIPOC and LGBTQ+ SEOs Share Their Experiences
- 10/06/20: 3 Digital PR Tenets for Excellent Outreach
Distlled got its start when Duncan Morris and Will Critchlow joined forces back in 2005 to start a web development company. The Distilled blog offers tactical SEO content that can help you refine your skills.