These are the top SEO News resources to follow in order to keep your finger on the pulse of the ever-changing SEO industry.
Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land, originally founded by Danny Sullivan, is the leading news site covering everything surrounding the search engine industry, from SEO to SEM, Google, Bing and social media. This is one of the first places that SEO professionals look when there is a potential algorithm update from Google, as they are always quick to cover these stories.
- 03/27/20: Will Facebook’s massive usage increases (eventually) turn into revenue?
- 03/27/20: Search marketers are volunteering services, support to help small businesses get through COVID-19
- 03/27/20: Google pledges $340 million in Google Ads credits for SMBs
- 03/27/20: Tell us: How are you pivoting during the COVID-19 crisis?
- 03/27/20: Did you know that users’ gazes follow a pinball pattern?
Search Engine Watch
Search Engine Watch is another major search engine news website that helps online marketers and website owners improve their website’s visibility in search engines. They cover everything (SEO, PPC, Analytics, Social, Local, Mobile, Video, Content, Development, etc.).
- 03/27/20: Search specialist shares five ways to adapt your search strategy in uncertain times
- 03/26/20: Comprehensive guide to exact match domains in 2020
- 03/25/20: What is speakable schema markup and how does it impact the future of SEO?
- 03/24/20: Hitchhiker’s guide to the end of the third-party cookie as we know it
- 03/23/20: Video marketing: The ultimate guide (You’ll only need this)
Search Engine Roundtable
Search Engine Roundtable, led by Barry Schwartz, reports the most interesting forum threads happening in search engine marketing message boards across the web. Webmasters are often the first people to notice a change in Google’s algorithms, and Search Engine Roundtable brings the SEO chatter to the forefront.
- 03/27/20: Daily Search Forum Recap: March 27, 2020
- 03/27/20: Search Buzz Video Recap: Google Algorithm Update, COVID-19 Search Changes & Google SEO Topics
- 03/27/20: Google Featured Snippets Showing YouTube Timestamp Links
- 03/27/20: Google: No Such Thing As Two Waves Of Indexing Or Crawling
- 03/27/20: Google My Business Offers Tips For Clinics & Medical Offices
Search Engine Journal
Founded by Loren Baker, Search Engine Journal has been offering a community-focused approach to the search marketing industry through leveraging industry experts to spotlight industry trends, news and thought leaders who are shaping the future of search marketing.
- 03/27/20: Pinterest Introduces ‘Today’ Tab With Focus on COVID-19 Related Content via @MattGSouthern
- 03/27/20: Better Asset Reporting for Google App Campaigns & This Week’s Digital Marketing News [PODCAST] via @shepzirnheld
- 03/27/20: New Google My Business Guidance for Healthcare Providers via @MattGSouthern
- 03/27/20: A 10-Point Ecommerce SEO Checklist for 2020 via @krisjonescom
- 03/27/20: 15 Ideas for Relieving Stress During Coronavirus Quarantine via @searchmastergen
Google Webmaster Central
The Google Webmaster Central Blog is often the source of much SEO news regarding Google. The company makes announcements about new features in Webmaster Tools, mobile search advancements and other Google-specific news in this blog. It’s a must-follow for any SEO professional.
- 03/26/20: How to pause your business online in Google Search
- 03/17/20: New properties for virtual, postponed, and canceled events
- 03/12/20: Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Webmaster Conference
- 03/05/20: Announcing mobile first indexing for the whole web
- 02/28/20: Best Practices for News coverage with Search
Bing Webmaster Blog
The Bing Webmaster Blog offers great insight into how to run a successful website, often from a user’s perspective. We think that is what makes this blog great. The Bing Webmaster Blog provides an alternate voice in the arena of search engine webmaster blogs.
- 03/23/20: Bing adopts schema.org markup for special announcements for COVID-19
- 02/19/20: Announcing the new Bing Webmaster Tools
- 01/16/20: Bing partners with the ecosystem to drive fresh signals
- 12/16/19: Announcing future user-agents for Bingbot
- 11/13/19: Accessing Bing Webmaster Tools API using cURL
Originally founded by Rand Fishkin and his community of Mozzers including Britney Muller and Dr. Pete, the Moz Blog is full of cutting-edge inbound marketing and SEO strategies. Learn what works and what’s hot in content marketing, link earning, authorship, client management and overall…the right way to build community online and earn search engine traffic.
- 03/27/20: Generating Local Content at Scale - Whiteboard Friday
- 03/26/20: Help Your Community from Six Feet Away: Non-Marketing Tips from Mozzers
- 03/25/20: How to Handle Temporarily Out-of-Stock Product Pages
- 03/24/20: You Can Now Take Moz Academy Courses for Free
- 03/20/20: Getting Smarter with SERPs - Whiteboard Friday
Distlled got its start when Duncan Morris and Will Critchlow joined forces back in 2005 to start a web development company. The Distilled blog offers tactical SEO content that can help you refine your skills.
- 03/19/20: How eCommmerce is Being Impacted by Coronavirus and What SEOs Could Do
- 03/10/20: Squarespace SEO for People Who Don’t Know SEO
- 02/17/20: How to Write an Incredible Title Tag
- 01/28/20: How to Start Getting Organic Traffic to Your Blog
- 01/16/20: SEO Insights on Salesforce Community Cloud Behavior