How To: Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Optimizing a website for your small business can be easy…with the right knowledge and plenty of patience. This “How to SEO” guide has been created from nearly 10 years of knowledge, will help you understand the basics of how to optimize for search engines, and how to begin implementing simple SEO techniques right away.
With so many open source solutions available for free, it makes little sense to pay for a Content Management System (CMS) unless you have specific needs that can only be met by a paid CMS.
Effectively optimizing your Colorado company’s website for the most profitable keywords is the starting point of all search engine optimization. Whether your goal is to drive revenue, memberships, emails, or simply awareness…you must target the right audience.
Once you have a list of keywords that you want your website to rank for, it’s time to learn how to optimize your website (and webpages) for those keywords. Find easy-to-follow steps on where to place your chosen keywords.
Some say that SEO is 50% link building. That’s hard to argue with. Even if you have an optimized website architecture, keyword map, and your individual webpages are all uniquely optimized to target your primary keywords, your customers still may not discover you in Google, Bing, and Yahoo! This is the final, most important step.
More from the Best Damn SEO Blog
- How to Use SEO in Product Development Strategies
- How Optimized is the Democratic Convention Website?
- How Optimized is the Republican Convention Website?
- The Noob's Guide to Wordpress SEO Plugin by Yoast
- Panda? Panda? Duplicate Content Might Be Your Problem
- 3 Simple Tips for Natural Rankings on Google
- Finding Keywords in Your Niche: Long Tail Traffic Concerns
- Press Release Optimization Tips Your Competitors Are Using