How To: Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Optimizing a website for your small business can be easy…with the right knowledge and plenty of patience. This “How to SEO” guide has been created from nearly 10 years of knowledge, will help you understand the basics of how to optimize for search engines, and how to begin implementing simple SEO techniques right away.
With so many open source solutions available for free, it makes little sense to pay for a Content Management System (CMS) unless you have specific needs that can only be met by a paid CMS.
Effectively optimizing your Colorado company’s website for the most profitable keywords is the starting point of all search engine optimization. Whether your goal is to drive revenue, memberships, emails, or simply awareness…you must target the right audience.
Once you have a list of keywords that you want your website to rank for, it’s time to learn how to optimize your website (and webpages) for those keywords. Find easy-to-follow steps on where to place your chosen keywords.
Some say that SEO is 50% link building. That’s hard to argue with. Even if you have an optimized website architecture, keyword map, and your individual webpages are all uniquely optimized to target your primary keywords, your customers still may not discover you in Google, Bing, and Yahoo! This is the final, most important step.
More from the Best Damn SEO Blog
- Does Google Plus Affect Non-Personalized Search Results?
- Google Suggest & Related Searches for Keyword Research
- How to Use Keyword Planner for SEO
- A Simple Content Marketing Strategy Guide
- The Crappy Content Checklist
- MozCon 2013 Takeaways & Insights
- How to Recover an Affiliate Marketing Site (Google Panda)
- How Much Does SEO Cost for Small Business?